CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

Unhappy Unable to load C++ runtime in VS2008 SP1

Hi, I have an annoying problem after upgrade VS2008 to SP1.
    I have an application written in C/C++. In SetUp I've inserted the corrispondent merged modules for runtime (debug version). Installer built on VS2008 works correctly, but when I rebuilt on SP1 and now the installer correctly copy runtime dll but it seems it not register them, in fact the application is unable to see them (verified with CheckAsm). Does anyone have any idea to solve the problem?

Re: Unable to load C++ runtime in VS2008 SP1

Don't deploy debug builds. As the name implies, these are builds used in the development process. Use release builds.

You can install the redistributable package for VC++ 2008 SP1 on the machine without VS 2008 where you want to run your application. You can find it here:
    32 bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    64 bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Re: Unable to load C++ runtime in VS2008 SP1

Thank you.
    I find the problem: rebuilding installation package on VS2008 SP1 the version of runtime inside the manifest point to original version (9.0.21022.8) but the available merge module available in SP1 is related to new version (9.0.30729.1). I solved the problem adding to the installation package also the merge module with policies that redirect to v x.x.30729.1 all requests for v x.x.21022.8