CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

can i learn language C++ programming??

can i learn language C++ programming?? its hard for me..

Re: can i learn language C++ programming??

Quote Originally Posted by johniest View Post
    can i learn language C++ programming?? its hard for me..
    How should you know if you can or cannot? Please ask relevant questions. If you have problems with some topics ask them here.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

YEP !!!

get hold of the book "beginning visual C++ 2008" from Ivor Horton
    or
    from the dummies collection "C++ all in one "

regards,

ger

can i learn language C++ programming??
    We are not psychic and we don't have a crystal ball ... but in general, almost everybody can learn to program code.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizmo View Post
    We are not psychic and we don't have a crystal ball ... but in general, almost everybody can learn to program code.
    I don't agree, and I have teaching experience as anecdotal proof. In my college days and while teaching programming, I've seen "A" students in other topics fall to pieces when they have to write a simple program.

Are these people that cannot succeed in programming not intelligent? On the contrary -- there are very intelligent peoiple, intelligent in other subjects, who couldn't write a program to save their lives -- let's be honest about it.

Most of the time, it's persons who cannot follow, understand, or create a well-defined, series of steps, with those well-defined steps acheiving a goal (the final program). They're usually hard-wired to think "fuzzily" to achieve their goal, where writing down steps, following rules, just do not work with how they think. In other words, they don't need a "flowchart" in the work or field they excel in. When they now need to follow a "flowchart", then they're lost.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie

Apart from that, there are different programming paradigms and languages (imperative, functional, declarative). I've seen people very good with OO programming not able to write a simple program in Prolog. And I've seen people very good with SQL having serious problems with C#.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.