dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Need suggetion

Need suggetion

I have an MS Office Addin developed using ATL COM. Now a new requirement has arise from the customers. They want to implement a dongle for this software. Now reading the dongle's SDKs and passkeys is a 2ndary issue.

What I am thinking is that the moment the user opens an MFC Office Project, the application will immediately display a modal dialog on top of the application, which will not let the user click anywhere in the toolbar. The moment user inserts the dongle, it will read and verify the passkey and finally the dialog will close, allowing the user to work on the application, a again when the user removes the dongle, the dialog box will rise again.

So the best thing for this is to I should either use SendMessage or some kind of callback function that will send message to this application to invoke that dialog (I am not sure if this is the best thing, if you know any better suggestion, please let me know). But this is an ATL COM application which does'nt support MFC, so how can I send a message to invoke a dialog when the dongle is removed?

Thanks in Advance

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Need suggetion

You don't need any MFC support to send/receive messages. SendMessage API was developed many years before the MFC era.
    You only need to know the window handle of the window you are going to send message.
    Victor Nijegorodov

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Need suggetion

Sorry, I cannot help you with this problem.
    Victor Nijegorodov