CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

How to include msvcp90.dll runtime library in the exe?

Okay so after further consideration, I gave up on the VC++6.0 from 1998 and I downloaded MSVC2008, its pretty refreshing.

One issue at the moment is a ton of people (almost anyone on XP) get this error about not having the MSVCP90.dll runtime or something like that. Was wondering what can I do so my release build has this included so that everyone can run it?

I noticed in Properties > C/C++ > Command Line I see a /MD switch, is that correct?

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: How to include msvcp90.dll runtime library in the exe?

You have two options:

1) Statically link
    2) Build an installer for your app that include the appropriate redistributable package.

Yes I am asking what settings/options do I go to statically link it? When I change /MD to /MT it jumps up 150kb, but is that the correct switch? According to MSDN thats the only thing I found to static link.

Yes, that is enough, unless you are building an MFC application. In this case you should set from Properties > General, the option "use MFC in a static library".

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...8VS.80%29.aspx

In case you decide to use the distributable packages and not to build statically, see this FAQ: http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494136.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.