CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Unhappy Time Stamp help please!

Hello Everyone,

I previously posted that I'm building a Dance Dance Revolution game on .NET. I'm using a custom made dance mat, a data aqusition board USB-1024LS mccdaq, and .NET. I have four arrows (right, left, up, and down) and whenever a person steps on the arrow the bit value will change from 1 V to 0 V because when pressure is placed on the mat then it gets connected to ground. I made a program to show the bit value changing

Now I would like to know if i can add a time stamp only when someone presses on an arrow. Right now I just have the current time showing in a text box but I only want the time to display when the bit value changes from 1 V to 0 V. Also I would to make a program to save all the time values and maybe display all the values on a different form once a button "QUIT" is pressed (QUIT button already exists in my code). Any help at all will be appreciated!

Re: Time Stamp help please!

You probably want some kind of TIMELINE sequence.

You need a Start Time, and an Elapsed Time for each slice of time.

You might want to store a SEQUENCE number, and link it to a table of times
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Hey dglienna,

Thanks for the reply! Is there a special component I need to add any components other than a timer to make a time sequence?

There is a tool in Silverlight, and WPF, but not VS, out of the box. That doesn't stop you from creating your own table, and timer that executes them in sequence, every 200ms.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!