CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Very Noob Question For Coding Program

Very Noob Question For Coding Program

How would I be able to code a program that acts like a stock manager. Where the user inputs the number of shares they hold and the price per share. The program needs to print the total assists and save the file as a text file.

Please help me on how exactly I would code this.

dlorde is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: Very Noob Question For Coding Program

You need to create a program design. This is done by leaving the computer alone for a while and working out on paper all the steps you would need to take to do the task manually. Keep a record of all the items of data you'd need and what you would do with them. Once you have figured out all the steps and all the data for exactly how you would do the task on paper (i.e. by hand), you can translate it into Java code.

Creating the design is not a Java problem, but we can probably help if you get stuck. If you have any questions during this part, post up the design you have so far and explain exactly what the problem is. Remember more specific questions get more specific answers.

If you get stuck on the Java coding, post up the code you have, and any error messages, and explain what the problem is.

Computer science education cannot make anybody an expert programmer any more than studying brushes and pigment can make somebody an expert painter...
    Eric Raymond
    Please use [CODE]...your code here...[/CODE] tags when posting code. If you get an error, please post the full error message and stack trace, if present.

Re: Very Noob Question For Coding Program

Quote Originally Posted by Kill3r24 View Post
    How would I be able to code a program that acts like a stock manager. Where the user inputs the number of shares they hold and the price per share. The program needs to print the total assists and save the file as a text file.

Please help me on how exactly I would code this.
    If your requirements are limited to described one, you need simple GUI,
    where you have text fields for stock, price and amount,
    and button to start calculations and save results.
    It will be simple calculator.