Real random numbers generator - Page 2
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 20 of 20

Thread: Real random numbers generator

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,266

    Re: Real random numbers generator

    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_st
    This is The Only software, capable of generating True random numbers
    I would be cautious in making such a claim since it may be false, and is somewhat misleading (i.e., the software depends on hardware input for randomness: one might say the same for a software RNG library that depends on /dev/random, where /dev/random is a "real" RNG source).
    C + C++ Compiler: MinGW port of GCC
    Build + Version Control System: SCons + Bazaar

    Look up a C/C++ Reference and learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    Kindly rate my posts if you found them useful

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    22

    Re: Real random numbers generator

    Quote Originally Posted by laserlight View Post
    I would be cautious in making such a claim since it may be false, and is somewhat misleading (i.e., the software depends on hardware input for randomness: one might say the same for a software RNG library that depends on /dev/random, where /dev/random is a "real" RNG source).
    Come on now, that's getting old. I did explain what I mean, in my previous posts -> it does not require specialzied hardware, making it The Only Sofware (Software) *Just Software* Software-only assembly for generating true random numbers, and with unlimited bit range too (now).

    By the way are you such a disagreeing personality by default, or I sould feel flattered?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,266

    Re: Real random numbers generator

    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_st
    Come on now, that's getting old. I did explain what I mean, in my previous posts -> it does not require specialzied hardware, making it The Only Sofware (Software) *Just Software* Software-only assembly for generating true random numbers, and with unlimited bit range too (now).
    Yes, but someone who has not read your explanation could jump to the wrong conclusions and think that your product is automatic snake oil.

    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_st
    By the way are you such a disagreeing personality by default, or I sould feel flattered?
    I am helping you, you know
    C + C++ Compiler: MinGW port of GCC
    Build + Version Control System: SCons + Bazaar

    Look up a C/C++ Reference and learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    Kindly rate my posts if you found them useful

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    22

    Re: Real random numbers generator

    Quote Originally Posted by laserlight View Post
    Yes, but someone who has not read your explanation could jump to the wrong conclusions and think that your product is automatic snake oil.
    Well, it's pretty much doing the same thing other TRNG are doing, except it's free, and hardware-independent

    Quote Originally Posted by laserlight View Post
    I am helping you, you know
    Of course, no hard feelings at all
    Last edited by daniel_st; April 23rd, 2010 at 02:30 PM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    22

    Re: Real random numbers generator

    The PRO version is now finished and available for purchase for anyone who needs it. (it includes the DataHub assembly too). It can generate numbers with Unlimited amount of bits - 4096 and more-bit integers are easily generated, while retaining true randomness. Various tests are undergoing, and the generator is peforming even better than expected for now.

    It is available on my website http://homedimension.webs.com
    Last edited by daniel_st; May 9th, 2010 at 03:35 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Azure Activities Information Page

Windows Mobile Development Center


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

This is a CodeGuru survey question.


Featured


HTML5 Development Center