CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[IT Startup] how to open a start up in the UK

Dear All,

I am interested in knowing more about how to open a startup in the UK (or other EU country if more convienent).

I would like to understand what is the best procedure and how to register:

a name
    a company logo

and finally how taxes are paid. I have my National Insurance number and I am currently working in a company, but in my free time I am developing some games for the iPhone and I would like to sell them via a company (hence this question).

Could someone give me more insight in this topic?

thanks a lot!

ps: hope is the right place for this type of question..

Re: [IT Startup] how to open a start up in the UK

..after some thinking I realized that it is better to consider Ireland also as an option (http://www.idaireland.com/why-ireland/). They have very low taxes, instead in the UK I think taxes are much higher than 12,5% (as for the rest of Europe). Ireland would have also the advantage of using a stronger currency (EURO) and having lots of other IT companies already present.. the disadvantage is that the University System in the UK is better, or at least the country is bigger and attracts lots of immigrants and thus is easier to find good employees.. the thing is that Ireland is close to the UK and often people travel from one island to the other, thus should be ok also to be in Ireland.. then there are lots of cheap flights from Dublin to Europe and UK and this is a plus.. not too sure about the cost of living there (has rose a lot), but one can open the company in a little village outside the mainframe..

will have to think about that..