CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Compiler Issues

Compiler Issues

Recently, my copy of Visual Studio 2008 stopped compiling, so I installed Visual Studio 2010 to see if maybe the update would fix the issues. Unfortunately, I am still getting a compile error for even a basic:

int main{cout<<"anything";} (obviously with headers, namespace, and a return value included)

The compile error I get is as follows:

Code:
    ------ Build started: Project: Test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
    c:\documents and settings\compaq_administrator\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\Test\Test\Test.vcxproj : error MSB4014: The build stopped unexpectedly because of an internal failure.
    c:\documents and settings\compaq_administrator\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\Test\Test\Test.vcxproj : error MSB4014: Microsoft.Build.Exceptions.BuildAbortedException: Build was canceled. MSBuild.exe could not be launched as a child node as it could not be found at the location "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe". If necessary, specify the correct location in the BuildParameters, or with the MSBUILD_EXE_PATH environment variable.
    c:\documents and settings\compaq_administrator\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\Test\Test\Test.vcxproj : error MSB4014:    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.NodeManager.AttemptCreateNode(INodeProvider nodeProvider, NodeConfiguration nodeConfiguration)
    c:\documents and settings\compaq_administrator\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\Test\Test\Test.vcxproj : error MSB4014:    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.NodeManager.CreateNode(NodeConfiguration configuration, NodeAffinity nodeAffinity)
    c:\documents and settings\compaq_administrator\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\Test\Test\Test.vcxproj : error MSB4014:    at Microsoft.Build.Execution.BuildManager.PerformSchedulingActions(IEnumerable`1 responses)
    c:\documents and settings\compaq_administrator\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\Test\Test\Test.vcxproj : error MSB4014:    at Microsoft.Build.Execution.BuildManager.HandleNewRequest(Int32 node, BuildRequestBlocker blocker)
    c:\documents and settings\compaq_administrator\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\Test\Test\Test.vcxproj : error MSB4014:    at Microsoft.Build.Execution.BuildManager.IssueRequestToScheduler(BuildSubmission submission, Boolean allowMainThreadBuild, BuildRequestBlocker blocker)
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Re: Compiler Issues

Quote Originally Posted by gameman144 View Post
    c:\documents and settings\compaq_administrator\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\Test\Test\Test.vcxproj : error MSB4014: Microsoft.Build.Exceptions.BuildAbortedException: Build was canceled. MSBuild.exe could not be launched as a child node as it could not be found at the location "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe". If necessary, specify the correct location in the BuildParameters, or with the MSBUILD_EXE_PATH environment variable.
    Check if MSBuild.exe is located in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\.

MSBuild.exe IS located in said folder, but I'm not sure if/how to tell the compiler that it's there.

This error arises if a name of the administrator more long or equally 20 symbols.
    Excuse for bad English.
    Attached Images Attached Images