CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Standard c/c++ dll to retrieve shortcut/.lnk target...

Hello all,

I am in need of a dll that, if passed the shortcut/.lnk name and the Start Menu -> Programs path if needed, will return the target attribute of that shortcut.

I am going to be calling this from a Lua script based application from Indigo Rose called AutoPlay Media Studio. They have a DLL.Callfunction action that would make use of this newly created .dll. You supply the .dll, function name, parameters and away it should go to return the string path/target.

It is recommended that this 'standard' dll be written in c or c++. The only problem is I know next to nothing about either and I'm kind of in a bind.

Any points to existing dll code or any other examples here would be GREATLY, and I mean GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks much in advance!!!!

Re: Standard c/c++ dll to retrieve shortcut/.lnk target...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...8VS.85%29.aspx
    See function ResolveIt in this article. If you don't have window handle required by this function, use handle returned by GetDesktopWindow.

Re: Standard c/c++ dll to retrieve shortcut/.lnk target...

Thanks for the info, but its all foreign to me at this point.

I guess I need the code for the whole shortcut target grab. I don't know how to export the function that grabs the path and all of that stuff.

I guess this isn't going to happen quickly for me

Thanks much for this information though.