CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: confused with I/O

Quote Originally Posted by Lindley View Post
    Well, libxml2 isn't very hard to use.
    May be, I haven't heard about it. And you expect this to be used by AKGROWN? I mean, think from the other perspective, not just your perspective. You suggest people to use boost, stl and stuff like that - not everyone has gained enough skills to use or understand those. What if they can't just figure out how to compile, link that library, how to include the namespace (do they know about namespace?), what templates are and how to use them!
    My latest article: Explicating the new C++ standard (C++0x)

Do rate the posts you find useful.

Lindley is offline Elite Member Power Poster

XML is probably overkill for this problem, I was just commenting on the availability of the library.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay Vijay View Post
    May be, I haven't heard about it. And you expect this to be used by AKGROWN? I mean, think from the other perspective, not just your perspective. You suggest people to use boost, stl and stuff like that - not everyone has gained enough skills to use or understand those. What if they can't just figure out how to compile, link that library, how to include the namespace (do they know about namespace?), what templates are and how to use them!
    If a person has yet to discover how to add headers and namespaces, then I doubt they are going to get very far with anything at all. They should stop compiling and do more reading. Depending on the interface, it could potentially be easier for even a beginner to parse his quiz files. Not to mention it's a lot more practical.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12