CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

columns... 6 requirements

hi,

I'm looking for a columnizer plugin (making columns of my small divs).

It is very important it has the following features:

1) It has to be as light as possible (if it is only css would be great, but I guess it is difficult make it work on IE then...)

2) It has to be cross-browser (I don't need IE6... but IE7 and IE8 compatibility is required).

3) The divs has not to be broken. In other terms, the nodes have to be moved to next block but not splitted in 2. The nodes are div elements, they might include other divs, images and text.

4) The number of columns changes dynamically. I.e. When I resize the browser, and the window becomes wider, new columns are created. (and viceversa)

5) The column have to have a fixed width and fixed margin. This means that when I resize the browser, I should always see columns rigidly keep the same width and distance between them. (margin:20px) (width:200px)

6) The content is dynamic. I'm using drupal as CMS. My customer can add or remove nodes, so I need a dynamic solution (I cannot create html content for the columns, it has to be modified by javascript).

Would be great to have some css.. but I'm afraid I need some jQuery plugin because I need all 4 features being supported.

I found several plugins and css styleshits with very good solutions, but I couldn't find a complete one.

Thanks

Re: columns... 6 requirements

You're not going to find anything that specific. I'm afraid you will have to code that yourself.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.