CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Impersonating a user from Windows PE

Hi all,

I am working with the SMS management point API, and the invoke method. The invoke method is used to send a message from a client computer to a remote computer. The remote computer will then send back to the client computer a reply.

When I use the invoke method like this:

invoke("SCCMDC.SCCM.COM",pMessage,&pReply);

I get error code 800706BA. I think that this means that "RPC Server is unavailable" or something to that measure. So I think that that means that it cannot contact the server.

I changed it to only check the computer name, SCCMDC.

invoke("SCCMDC", pMessage, pReply);

What happened is that the error code changed to 80070005. I think that this means that the authentication failed to the currently logged in user. Because of this, I take it as that it can contact the server, but failed to access it because of authentication failure. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

My problem is how to get around this. Can anyone suggest to me commands how to impersonate a user from a Remote Computer with Administrator rights so that the application can run with those rights?

Thank you!

Re: Impersonating a user from Windows PE

Do you know the password of the account of the administrator?

Re: Impersonating a user from Windows PE

Hi oliv, thanks for replying.

Yes, I know the password of the administrator account. I can even get the username and password of a Network Access Account in case I do not know the password of any local accounts on the remote computer.

Can you please tell me your idea / suggestions?

Thank you!