CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Initial Splash Screen Configuration

my splash screen has 8 bitmaps and 3 icons in it. i loaded them all by coordinates. is it

possible to load them in relation to how big the screen is, instead of by absolute

cordinates? my opening screen looks fine in one screen resolution, but is not symmetrical if

looked at at a different screen resolution.

i can do this with windows that pop up within the splash screen, but don't know how to with

the splash screen.

thanks.

Re: Initial Splash Screen Configuration

Anything is possible. Read the size of the screen, and then compute where the splash should be displayed.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Re: Initial Splash Screen Configuration

currently the positions of my bitmaps and buttons on the opening window are set in the IDD_Splash section, by physically moving them into the locations on the window. I put 2 all the way on the right edge. however, depending on the computer screen resolution, sometimes the bitmaps are on the edge, sometimes away from the edge. is there another way to display bitmaps and buttons more accurately? maybe the way windows can be displayed using proportions of the parent window, not in absolute terms?

BOOL CSplashDlg::OnInitDialog()
    {
    CDialog::OnInitDialog();

HICON hIcon10 = (HICON) ::LoadImage(GetModuleHandle(NULL),MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDI_EXIT2),IMAGE_ICON,60,32,LR_DEFAULTSIZE | LR_SHARED);

((CButton*)GetDlgItem(IDOK))->SetIcon(hIcon10);

CRect rect;
    SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETWORKAREA, 0, &rect, 0);
    MoveWindow(&rect);

return TRUE;

}
    Last edited by jimlau; May 27th, 2010 at 02:28 PM.