June 4th, 2010, 08:27 AM
How To Create a Silverlight Barcode Photo ID Card Editor
- Neodynamic Barcode Professional for Silverlight (any version)
- Silverlight 4 or greater
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Express Edition
- Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express Edition
This sample demo code illustrates how easily you can use Barcode Professional in Silverlight Applications for creating a simple Photo ID Card Editor. Barcode Professional for Silverlight supports most popular linear (1D), Postal and 2D barcodes and in this sample application we selected the well known Code 39 (a.k.a. Code 3 of 9) with justify text alignment (a feature exclusive built-in Barcode Professional for Silverlight) as well as a 2D/stacked symbology called PDF417 for encoding a considerable amount of data not supported in linear barcodes.
The following sample demo code features:
- A simple Silverlight Application which will allow the user to upload a photo file (JPEG or PNG) to be displayed in the Photo ID card.
- Allows the user to enter a name as well as a ID code which will be encoded as a Code 39 barcode using Neodynamic Barcode Professional for Silverlight.
- Allows the user to change the front/back side of the card with a simple animation (FlipPanel custom control created by Matthew MacDonald author of "Pro Silverlight 3 in C#" and "Pro Silverlight 3 in VB" books). In the back side of the card user can enter more info which is encoded as a PDF417 barcode using Neodynamic Barcode Professional for Silverlight.
A simple Silverlight Barcode Photo ID Card Editor using Barcode Professional for Silverlight
Download Barcode Professional for Silverlight
More Information about Neodynamic Barcode Professional for Silverlight
.NET Components & Controls
Tags for this Thread
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width
This a Codeguru.com survey!