There's been a lot that has been added to the VB language over the last couple of years. And that's great, but I think maybe it's time that a few thing simply went away. Here's my list of things I'd like to see removed from the language (in no particular order).

1. Default form Instances - Is this really necessary? I know it was removed early on, but then put right back in the next version. If I remember right, it was to help ease the transition for VB6ers to .NET. Here we are nearly 10 years later, and I still see plenty of questions of "why doesn't this work" because people are using the default instance when they shouldn't be.
  2. GoTo - Why is THIS still around? I realize that it's been a part of the BASIC language since Day 1. If we can take out line continuation (which I'm sure was no small undertaking), surely we can get rid of a couple extraneous commands that for the most part most of us avoid and recommend to others to avoid.
  3. On Error GoTo & On Error Resume Next - GoTo previous comment. (as a side note - On Error Resume Next, one of the worst things to happen)

I thought I had more... but that's all I can think of at the moment. If anyone else wants to add to the list, be my guest. If anyone wants to respond or argue for/against anything in my list, be my guest.

-tg