CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

screen resolution

Dear All

I've recently purchased a new laptop, with a different screen resolution (1920 x1080) to the one I do all my coding on at work (1680x1050). Ideally I would like to be able to transfer code I'm working on between the desktop at work and my laptop. However all my windows forms seem to get messed up, i.e. the position of the controls changes when transferring between the two.

I've tried fiddling with auto-size and anchoring the controls without success. Is there any way to lock the size of the forms so they don't resize when changing screen resolution (or more importantly aspect ratio) ?

code developed in VS2008, targeting .net 2.0 framework

any help would be appreciated

cheers

simon

Re: screen resolution

That doesn't really make sense, does it? If the aspect ratio changes, you now have a different ratio between x and y. There is no magical way to account for this, but proper use of a FlowLayoutPanel and/or the Dock/Anchor properties will fix it.
    If you liked my post go ahead and give me an upvote so that my epee.... ahem, reputation will grow.

Yes; I have a blog too - http://the-angry-gorilla.com/

Hi Simon,

Seems a ridiculous situation doesn't it! Luckily it can be sorted out by going to Control Panel/Fonts and changing the font size to 100%.

Matt.

Hi Matt

yes it was that pesky font size not being set to 100%. All working now

cheers

simon