CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: DataGridView

DataGridView

Hello Everyone,

I have used datagridview in my application, to which i bind the table from MS SQL sever management studio express - 2005 in the Load() function in the following method:

1)Select datagridview, click on the smart tag, Choose Data Source--->Add Project Data Source ------> ...etc

Now if i have to run my project from some other m/c without re-creating the table in SQL [or in simple terms if i want to put my code in SVN ie under version control], what has to be done???

Please share your ideas, Thanks for any help

Re: DataGridView

Is there no clue regarding this???

Now if i have to run my project from some other m/c without re-creating the table in SQL [or in simple terms if i want to put my code in SVN ie under version control], what has to be done???
    This isn't very clear. Can you better explain what you are trying to do, and any errors that are occuring?
    ===============================
    My Blog

Just to explain it better:

1) I have a datagridview in my application and i am creating a table say "login" table in Microsoft SQL server management studio express.
    2) I am binding the table created in sql to the datagridview in my application, in my PC. The project runs fine in my PC.
    3) Now i want to run the same project in some other PC, without re-creating the tables such that some other user can execute my project.
    4) My question is how can i do this?

You need to either:

1. Setup your PC so that it's viewable from the internet, and allow another PC to connect to the database.

- or -

2. Put the database on a server(that you will buy), and have the other applications connect to it.

Basically, by default, another PC on the internet cannot connect directly to your PC. You need to allow this.
    ===============================
    My Blog