CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] Accessing properties of controls

Hi,
    Is there anyway that I can access all the properties of a control(activex or normal) during runtime and get their values. I dont want to speicify the property name. I should get the all the property names and their values. It is something like reflection namespace in VB.NEt. Is it posiible in vb6.0

Thanx

Re: Accessing properties of controls

Not that I'm aware of... I've only ever tried it in .NET... so I don't know for sure if there is a way in VB6 (never had a reason to).

-tg
    * I don't respond to private requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.-I also subscribe to all threads I participate, so there's no need to pm when there's an update.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help - how to remove eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to???
    * On Error Resume Next is error ignoring, not error handling(tm). * Use Offensive Programming, not Defensive Programming.
    "There is a major problem with your code, and VB wants to tell you what it is.. but you have decided to put your fingers in your ears and shout 'I'm not listening!'" - si_the_geek on using OERN
    MVP '06-'10

You'll have to make use of the TypeLib Information Library in tblinf32.dll

http://www.vb-helper.com/howto_get_c...g_typelib.html

Thank you very much. Tlbinf32.dll is the right dll. I got what I need. Once again Thank you..

That is good news Well done!

Please mark your thread Resolved. You can do this by clicking on Thread Tools ( above your first post ), and then selecting Mark Thread Resolved.

Thank you,

Hannes