CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

Is it possible to have translucent textbox in ListView?

Hi

Is it possible to have a translucent TextBox/Label over a ListView? I found an example in CodeProject which works if the TextBox is a control is a Form or Panel. But I can't get it to work if it becomes a control in a ListView.

The intention of having that is because I have a ListView in detail view. I want to allow the user to make remarks on the selected row and I will just display a Label over it.
    I manage to display the Label, but I just can't find a way to make it translucent.

I am using .Net framework 3.5 SP1 and VS 2008.
    Thanks

Justin

Re: Is it possible to have translucent textbox in ListView?

Have you tried setting the .Parent property of the TextBox / Label to be the control which it is placed over, and the foreground color to be transparent? This has certainly worked for me when I've placed controls over pictureboxes and others.

Re: Is it possible to have translucent textbox in ListView?

Hi Woof

I have tried your advice about setting the Parent Property but it does not work for me.

I can get my translucent label to work if it's parent is a Form, Panel or even PictureBox. But when it's parent is a ListView, it does not work anymore. My ListView is in detail view and is a virtual listview.

Anybody has tried putting their translucent label on a ListView before?

This has certainly worked for me when I've placed controls over pictureboxes and others.
    Woof, have you tried putting in ListView?

Thanks guys