CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Date check error..

Hi..

Am using vb6.0, SQL 2000 server and crystal report 8.5 in my project. Am trying to creating .exe file, but getting user defined type not defined error.. But my project is running properly.. I think i ve to add some reference to project. I don know which reference to add so can anyone tell me....

Thanks in advance..

Re: Date check error..

When you create an exe it does a full compile and examines all the code in the project. When you run it from the IDE it examines only the code that is running. What is the code that is being flagged when you compile?
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.

From the IDE you can force a full compile before running by using Ctrl+F5 to run the app instead of just F5.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.-I also subscribe to all threads I participate, so there's no need to pm when there's an update.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help - how to remove eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to???
    * On Error Resume Next is error ignoring, not error handling(tm). * Use Offensive Programming, not Defensive Programming.
    "There is a major problem with your code, and VB wants to tell you what it is.. but you have decided to put your fingers in your ears and shout 'I'm not listening!'" - si_the_geek on using OERN
    MVP '06-'10

That looks like there is some unused code or mistyped variable or data type name somewhere in the code which is only executed under some circumstances.

You should
    a) make sure you have Option Explicit on top of your forms and modules to prevent such spelling errors from the beginning,
    b) locate the mistyped name and correct the problem by finding out what the problem is.
    I doubt that there is a reference missing...