dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Simple tutorial .NET interop problem

Simple tutorial .NET interop problem

Hi,
    I am following one of the MSDN tutorial videos at:
    The video builds in a simple C# assembly from a class library project in C# express edition and holding a form with a date time picker control. Another console application developed using Visual C++ express edition, makes use of #import and tries to call the form. The only difference in my case is, I am using Visual Studio instead of 2 different express versions.
    I have typed in the entire code. I am also able to build both the projects successfully and run the console application. However, I cannot get to show the form for the date picker control and an exception occurs. I removed the exception by registering the .tlb again and then following all the remedial steps from the video. But, the problem I faced was weird. The console window just shows a cursor without doing anything further. On stopping the execution, the console window did not close. I tried to stop debugging and close it but it did not close. Even after I tried to close it from the task manager, nothing happened and it remained open. Finally I had to restart the computer to get rid of the open console window.
    I am attaching the project with this post. Please let me know what would be the issue...
    Thanks,
    Bhushan
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Simple tutorial .NET interop problem

Please Can any one let me know about this? I am just trying that tutorial, but I have some problems in doing so. Also, I think this is the right forum as the console application calling the C# class library is a VC++ console application. I will also post this issue in C# forums and see what I get. In the mean while, at least could any one just try out my sample and see what issues they have?
    Thanks,
    Bhushan