CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Automatic values comes to DataGridView from Textbox

Hello All Experts,

I have one textbox, if suppose if i type anything in that textbox then its should automatically comes to DataGridView particular cell.

Can any one have the code for doing this stuff?

Regards,
    AKM

Re: Automatic values comes to DataGridView from Textbox

Hello.

You just need to know the Row and Column number of the particular cell you'd like the text to be enetered.

If I were to do this :

Code:
        Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
            DataGridView1.Rows(0).Cells(0).Value = TextBox1.Text 'Enter in 1st Row 1st Col
            DataGridView1.Rows(0).Cells(1).Value = TextBox2.Text 'Enter in 1st Row 2nd Col
            DataGridView1.Rows(0).Cells(2).Value = TextBox3.Text 'Enter in 1st Row 3rd Col

End Sub
    It will enter TextBox1's text in the first column of the first row; TextBox2's text into the second column of the first row, and TextBox3's text into the third column of the first row.

EDIT: You mentioned "automatically". Do you want this text to appear as you are busy typing into the TextBox? I'd then suggest the Change event, but, the proper advice would be to use either the LostFocus or Leave events. The reason why I say so is that you have to think about validating the entered contents.

I hope it helps!

Hannes
    Last edited by HanneSThEGreaT; July 6th, 2010 at 08:00 AM.

Re: Automatic values comes to DataGridView from Textbox

Please note that this logic only apply to first row, not the particular row which i have selected by below coding logic.

Code:
     Private Sub DataGridView1_CellClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCellEventArgs) Handles DataGridView1.CellClick

DocEntry.Text = DataGridView1.Rows(e.RowIndex).Cells("DocEntry").Value
                CardNameEdit.Text = DataGridView1.Rows(e.RowIndex).Cells("CardName").Value
                CardSerialEdit.Text = DataGridView1.Rows(e.RowIndex).Cells("CardSerialNo").Value
                CustName.Text = DataGridView1.Rows(e.RowIndex).Cells("CustomerName").Value
                Branch.Text = DataGridView1.Rows(e.RowIndex).Cells("BranchName").Value
                CardStatus.Text = DataGridView1.Rows(e.RowIndex).Cells("CardStatus").Value
    End Sub
    Above logic is like that if i select any row in DataGridview its displaying its value in Texboxes.
    Now what i want if i change that anytextbox value then its automatically comes to datagridview
    and the Datagridrow status should be in update mode.

Regards,
    AKM