dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Simple tutorial .NET interop problem

Simple tutorial .NET interop problem

Hi,
    I am following one of the MSDN tutorial videos at:
    The video builds in a simple C# assembly from a class library project in C# express edition and holding a form with a date time picker control. Another console application developed using Visual C++ express edition, makes use of #import and tries to call the form. The only difference in my case is, I am using Visual Studio instead of 2 different express versions, I am using VS 2008 professional edition. I have typed in the entire code. I am also able to build both the projects successfully and run the console application. However, I cannot get to show the form for the date picker control and an exception occurs. I removed the exception by registering the .tlb again and then following all the remedial steps from the video. But, the problem I faced was weird. The console window just shows a cursor without doing anything further. On stopping the execution, the console window did not close. I tried to stop debugging and close it but it did not close. Even after I tried to close it from the task manager, nothing happened and it remained open. Finally I had to restart the computer to get rid of the open console window.
    I am attaching the project with this post. Please let me know what would be the issue...at least please some one download my code and run on their machine and let me know if it works.
    Thanks,
    Bhushan
    Attached Files Attached Files

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: Simple tutorial .NET interop problem

The link doesn't work.

Arjay, the link is:
    and if that does not work then just look into MSDN's Learn tab->"How do I videos->Native coding->...
    In the .NET/managed code section there are 4 videos and the one I am referring to here is "Make use of Assemblies written in any CLS language".
    Also, it seems that you have switched to C# forums full time. I have gotten some good help from you on Visual C++/MFC forums on CG in the past. Its been while since I used CG forums frequently. So please bear with me...
    Thanks
    Bhushan

Did u mean the video does not show up? I have the same problem too...Earlier I thought that it might be because I do not have silver light installed on my machine. But if you are having the same problem, I really dunt know, what they have done with the video...However, u have the sample for download...and my sample in this thread as well....
    Thanks,
    Bhushan