CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

what is JWMS the newest java architecture ? and what is maplet ?

The Java Web Model Service architecture is based on MVC.It improves all disadvantages ,and add some adavantages points to it.As Struts comes to help us to implement our project based on MVC , we need maplet to implement JWMS architecture.These maplets are based on those old Servlets ,with some new featurs.
    Purpose of JWMS architecture is that, to have a JSP page for every job of your actors in UML diagrams. And those all actions start from a request JSP page ,and continue with one or more maplets ,and then finish with a response JSP page (for all possibles response ) through a flow just like your UML diagrams.

Figure 1

Now there isn't any need to make a JSP page for every possible response (for example a proper response for empty fields and an other proper respose for errors ...) like before.Instead, the all things you need is that to create a response jsp page and tag it.A tag for success message a tag for error and so on.
    As you see , every thing is very simple.Also, you can be a project manager too !!!
    An other ability of maplet is that ,you don't need to carry parameters with yourself by using session or application.Maplet gets all parameters from the first page and cross it to an other maplet or JSP.For reaching these parameters you just need to define a public String variable as the same name of parameter in first JSP page.The content of this variable is the same as user inputted parameter(with out doing any job!).
    We are not magicians , we just know how to work with URL !!!
    If you want to send any parameter to next maplet ,add it to URL as the same !!!
    For more information and knowing how to work with AddURL(),forward(),... read the complete document from below link :

http://SourceForge.net/projects/shine-enterpris/files/

Omid haghighatgoo
    J2OS manager

dlorde is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: what is JWMS the newest java architecture ? and what is maplet ?

So you ask questions in the title and answer them in the body...

You're not really interested in this forum at all, you just want to advertise your product - yes?

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools...
    D. Adams
    Please use [CODE]...your code here...[/CODE] tags when posting code. If you get an error, please post the full error message and stack trace, if present.

Quote Originally Posted by dlorde View Post
    So you ask questions in the title and answer them in the body...

You're not really interested in this forum at all, you just want to advertise your product - yes?

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools...
    D. Adams
    no
    this my title for my lecture.the exact thing I wrote for my ibm group

Quote Originally Posted by OMID128 View Post
    no
    this my title for my lecture.the exact thing I wrote for my ibm group
    Ok, so either way, its still not a question. Unless you are having trouble with your lecture or maybe need help debugging your demo, then you are self promoting. Congratulations? This is a forum for people to get help, not for self promotion.

for downloading samples for maplet goto :

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/m...0-6795db7b6bb5

Question Re: what is JWMS the newest java architecture ? and what is maplet ?

hey I've saw your samples about it! but I'm a little confused in their classes why one of them has one method but the other has three! initialize and rater are maplets method so why one of your samples doesn't have any of them?! what is the rule?

Maplet has two method, initialize() and rater()

both of them are optional,initialize is for initializing your variable or for example for connecting to data base ,and you can commit it in rater() method

and if you don't need , don't use them

and you must have method or methods with the same name of your request JSP file (but with must start with lowercase)
    is every thing clear?

Hey, I have a question. Does you maplet stuff allow you to use ajax?

yes of course
    why not ?

maplet is based on servlet but it's reflective so it's faster than servlet.
    but it's as powerful as servlet and also more than servlet

No, what I mean is does it come with some kind client ajax library that automatically integrates with your maplet stuff.

The reason I'm asking is that there are hundreds of web frameworks to choose from, and this is one of my filtering criteria. Richfaces etc make it very easy, so I don't consider frameworks that don't provide this type of built in functionality.

As a suggestion I would recommend adding it if it's not supported. It would make your product more attractive.

Thanks,
    Vackar