CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

CORBA , RMI and now JSHOOTER !

Distributed Applications
    CORBA
    CORBA products provide a framework for the development and execution of distributed applications. But why would one want to develop a distributed application in the first place? As you will see later, distribution introduces a whole new set of difficult issues. However, sometimes there is no choice; some applications by their very nature are distributed across multiple computers because of one or more of the following reasons:
    • The data used by the application are distributed
    • The computation is distributed
    • The users of the application are distributed
    Data are Distributed
    Some applications must execute on multiple computers because the data that the application must access exist on multiple computers for administrative and ownership reasons. The owner may permit the data to be accessed remotely but not stored locally. Or perhaps the data cannot be co-located and must exist on multiple heterogeneous systems for historical reasons.
    Computation is Distributed
    Some applications execute on multiple computers in order to take advantage of multiple processors computing in parallel to solve some problem. Other applications may execute on multiple computers in order to take advantage of some unique feature of a particular system. Distributed applications can take advantage of the scalability and heterogeneity of the distributed system.
    Users are Distributed
    Some applications execute on multiple computers because users of the application communicate and interact with each other via the application. Each user executes a piece of the distributed application on his or her computer, and shared objects, typically execute on one or more servers. A typical architecture for this kind of application is illustrated below.
    Prior to designing a distributed application, it is essential to understand some of the fundamental realities of the distributed system on which it will execute.
    RMI
    The Java Remote Method Invocation Application Programming Interface (API), or Java RMI, is a Java application programming interface that performs the object-oriented equivalent of remote procedure calls (RPC).
    1. The original implementation depends on Java Virtual Machine (JVM) class representation mechanisms and it thus only supports making calls from one JVM to another. The protocol underlying this Java-only implementation is known as Java Remote Method Protocol (JRMP).
    2. In order to support code running in a non-JVM context, a CORBA version was later developed.
    Usage of the term RMI may denote solely the programming interface or may signify both the API and JRMP, whereas the term RMI-IIOP (read: RMI over IIOP) denotes the RMI interface delegating most of the functionality to the supporting CORBA implementation.
    The programmers of the original RMI API generalized the code somewhat to support different implementations, such as a HTTP transport. Additionally, the ability to pass arguments "by value" was added to CORBA in order to support the RMI interface. Still, the RMI-IIOP and JRMP implementations do not have fully identical interfaces.
    AND NOW JSHOOTER

JShooter (Reflect in Network Framework)
    What is JShooter?
    JShooter is a framework for distributing application programs on the network. Certainly, you have used RMI, Corba and JMS. Each of aforementioned technologies has its own special problems and at the same time enjoys extraordinary advantages. However, you must be careful about the expenses caused by these technologies. In most cases RMI, Corba and JMS increase the productions' costs unbelievably. However in other cases they confuse programmers. Years ago, Reflect Oriented Programming was the focus of attention within professional programmers, then Aspect Oriented Programming came into the programming world but instead of reducing the programmer's task, it causes the professional programmers and even the amateur ones to be confused in many cases. One of the most important capabilities of JShooter is that it makes the "Reflect Oriented Programming" easier to use.
    For more information about JSHOOTER goto
    http://SourceForge.net/projects/shine-enterpris/files/
    download it's doc and shine enterprise library

Re: CORBA , RMI and now JSHOOTER !

Wow, you're going all out with your advertising. I think this is the third thread I've seen you advertising in.

Wonder if it'll start a trend.

Wonder if it'll start a trend.
    I hope not.

The thing to do is report the thread to the mods. If we all report these sort of abuses it helps to stop the perpetrator and keep the site clean. To report a problem in a thread click on the small red triangle in the right hand side of the title bar
    Posting code? Use code tags like this: [code]...Your code here...[/code]
    Click here for examples of Java Code

why u are doing such these things ?
    i just introduce a new technology

if u don't like this , don't use it why u hate it ?

why u are doing such these things ?
    i just introduce a new technology
    If you want to publish an article on this 'new' technology then do so, but don't start threads on a help forum.

Codeguru is always looking for new articles so you can submit your article here

if u don't like this , don't use it why u hate it ?
    It's not a question of whether or not I like it or even if I want to use it, the issue is this is not the right place to tell people about it.

ok tnx for ur suggestion i'll do that

Excellent, I look forward to reading your article.

One more piece of advice: don't use text speak when posting on open forums. Many people who read these forums are not native English speakers and may struggle to understand what you are trying to say. After all, if you have something to say then there's little point in alienating half of your audience for the sake of a few key presses.

Thumbs up Re: CORBA , RMI and now JSHOOTER !

Quote Originally Posted by keang View Post
    Excellent, I look forward to reading your article.

One more piece of advice: don't use text speak when posting on open forums. Many people who read these forums are not native English speakers and may struggle to understand what you are trying to say. After all, if you have something to say then there's little point in alienating half of your audience for the sake of a few key presses.
    ok thanks