Hi There

I am brand new to the community and was hoping if someone on here could help me out with a program that I am trying to develop. Since I am pretty new to all of this and am having a hard time understanding how to go about completing this project.

I am trying to interface with a Bill Acceptor via Serial Port. The bill acceptor sends a pulse through the serial port every time a dollar is inserted into the bill acceptor. For example, if $1 is inserted one pulse is sent, if a $5 bill is inserted 5 pulses are sent.

I need to write a program that can update a simple text file with the number of bills that have been inserted into the machine.

I was wondering if there would be anyway if anyone on here would be able to help me out. I have a photobooth that that I am putting into a restaurant later this week and I need to get my bill acceptor to interface before Thursday. Below is a link to a youtube video that someone has posted of the same type of Bill Acceptor program I need. Please let me know what you think as soon as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmdnG7lsmgk

Thank you in advance for you help.
Edit by admin: no contact info permitted on the forum, thank you
Thank you

Jeff