CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Cool Loading image from DIB

Hello, I am trying to take an image which has been loaded to the DIB and display it (right now I'm just trying to get it to display on the "main window" anyway possible, picturebox would be ideal but isn't necessary at the moment. Anyway here is my code:

Code:
    int loadjpgfilefrombuffer(LPTSTR fname, imgdes *image)
    { ....
       HDC hDC;
       PAINTSTRUCT ps;
       HPALETTE hpal;

hDC = BeginPaint(NULL, &ps);
       /* Display the image beginning at (0,0) */
       viewimageex(NULL, hDC, &hpal, 0, 0, &image,0,0,VIEWDITHER);      
       EndPaint(NULL, &ps);
    }
    The part of code I left out is a function that takes an image file (jpg) and allocates a DIB to load it into then loads it.

I am getting the following error:

error C2664: 'viewimageex' : cannot convert parameter 6 from 'imgdes **__w64 ' to 'imgdes *'
    Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast

If you have any thoughts or advice please share them. I can provide more information if needed just ask didn't want to post all the code as it wasn't relevant. Thank you.

EDIT: I did a reinterpret cast to get it to imgdes* so now it runs fine with no errors but no image is displayed? Can anyone help?
    Last edited by syg19; July 13th, 2010 at 03:39 PM.

Re: Loading image from DIB

'viewimageex' takes in a pointer to an 'imgdes' object, but your passing in a pointer to a pointer of an 'imgdes' object.

Don't throw casts around just to get rid of compiler errors. Your function already has the proper pointer, remove the '&' from the 'image' parameter when you call 'viewimage'.

Viggy

Thanks for the reply Viggy,

I changed it to image and it compiled fine but still no image was displayed when I ran the program. Sorry about the pointer confusion still pretty new to programming and C++, can you offer any advice on why nothing is showing or any other ways to display an image thats in the DIB?

Unfortunately, no. "viewimageex" is not an API function (search of the MSDN brought up nothing).

Viggy

if you can put the code here. it would be helpful for the people to read it and solve your problem :-)

the code of what, the viewimageex function or the code I am using to implement it?

if you want to display a jpeg image
    you can use IPicture. or use CXImage, it is an open source project.

you can put your function "viewimageex" code here. maybe someone can help you