CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Redistribution problem

I'm using MSVC2008 and using some skining library which needs to have vc++2005 redistributable on the running computer.

Now any system which does not have vc++2005 redist installed my application is failed to run. How do I get rid of this without installing redist package ?. I'm thinking of placing vc2005 runtime .dll into my application folder, but dont know which files to put.

Anyone with any ideas ??

Re: Redistribution problem

If your skinning library requires VS 2005, you cannot remove that dependency without recompiling the source code. I assume you don't have the source code. Therefore, you need to install this.
    Gort...Klaatu, Barada Nikto!

See. Im not asking for the removing decencies. How do I use vs2005 run time dlls with my application without installing it.

How do I use vs2005 run time dlls with my application without installing it.
    Sorry, but, your question makes no sense. How do you expect to use the runtime package if you don't install it? Am I missing something in your explanation?
    Gort...Klaatu, Barada Nikto!

Quote Originally Posted by hypheni View Post
    I'm thinking of placing vc2005 runtime .dll into my application folder, but dont know which files to put.
    The files in the redistributable package.
    Whether this will work will depend, however, on the way the library was coded and how you use the library. E.g. if you delete an object in your application that was allocated by the library, expect brown stuff to hit the fan.
    Cheers, D Drmmr

Please put [code][/code] tags around your code to preserve indentation and make it more readable.

As long as man ascribes to himself what is merely a posibility, he will not work for the attainment of it. - P. D. Ouspensky