CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Post Drawing with GDI with VC++ -> suggest me a guide or tutorial

Ok I cannot continue to bother you with my questions about how drawing into a picture box with OwnerDraw set if I really can't figure out what CDC is, what HDC stands for or why BitBlt wants a CDC pointer instead of a matrix of pixels.

So.. suggest me a good book or tutorial to learn how to draw things with CDC / HDC / BitBlt / StretchBlt things in MFC.

I am willing to learn, I'll study by myself and then try to write my own code. If and only if I am having more problems, I'll bother you again.

Thank you for your patience

Re: Drawing with GDI with VC++ -> suggest me a guide or tutorial

I think the Scribble example deals with drawing using GDI, among other things.
    For use of BitBlt search for an example on double buffering or "MemDC". That's a good way to learn how DC, data and what you see on the screen relate to each other.
    Cheers, D Drmmr

Please put [code][/code] tags around your code to preserve indentation and make it more readable.

As long as man ascribes to himself what is merely a posibility, he will not work for the attainment of it. - P. D. Ouspensky

Something more theoric for the abc? The code isn't extensively commented as I expected
    Last edited by pm44xl23; July 16th, 2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: precisation

Quote Originally Posted by pm44xl23 View Post
    Something more theoric for the abc?
    Tutorials generally aren't very theoretic. Get a book if you want a descent explanation.
    Cheers, D Drmmr

Please put [code][/code] tags around your code to preserve indentation and make it more readable.

As long as man ascribes to himself what is merely a posibility, he will not work for the attainment of it. - P. D. Ouspensky

You are right. Any tome to suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by pm44xl23 View Post
    You are right. Any tome to suggest?
    Sorry, I learned MFC in the time of Visual Studio 6. I don't know which recent books are good. Just going through some customer reviews online should give you a good idea though. And make sure the book deals with the same version of the compiler you are using.
    Cheers, D Drmmr