CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

If you would like to do me a favour...

I am looking for a very specific type of process watcher. If you have any sort of coding experience, it should be easy enough to make.

I'm looking for a program that alerts me when a process ends. My brother and I play an online game where we can set up stalls to sell items, and the game crashes frequently. If we had a program that would make a 'ding!' sound through our speakers to alert us the the game crashed, it would be a godsend. I've even heard of someone using a free online tool that sends texts to your phone, that he had rigged to the program so he would receive a text when the process was terminated. How cool is that?! (not necessary unless you're ridiculously bored, haha!)

I have very little coding experience, so unfortunately I can't compile anything... it will have to be a stand-alone program where I can enter the process that I would like it to watch.

Anyone interested? I would be extremely grateful. Please let me know if you want to do this. If I just knew the language, it would be so easy.

if; process not found
    then; play 123.mp3

just something like that.... but in an actual program, lol.

Cheers,

Dan

Re: If you would like to do me a favour...