CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] Question about My Crystal Report

Hello everyone. I just finished my first Crystal Report and I'm unclear about a certain aspect of its appearance. And until this report I haven't even seen a finished Crystal Report so i have nothing to go on. The report has a white vertical margin running down the left hand side. It goes away when I click the "Toggle Group Tree" Button. Is this white margin supposed to be there blank? I'm don't know what it is used for. I don't think it's just there to look pretty; or is it?

Re: Question about My Crystal Report

When you have Groups defined in your report, group tree is really useful for navigation and as a high level summary of the group values in the report.

JG

Thanks, good to know. I guess that means that the white margin is directly related to groups. But for this particular report I don't have groups. Is there a way to get rid of that left hand side margin?

Uncheck Menu / File / Report Options / Create Group Tree

JG

Thanks for the info. I'm working with the report via the CrystalReportViewer control on a Visual Basic form. I don't have the full fledge Crysatl application installed on my computer. So I coldn't find the path you wrote. But at least it pointed me in the right direction for my google research. This is what I learned and solves my immdiate problem.

CrystalReportViewer1.ShowGroupTreeButton = False
    CrystalReportViewer1.DisplayGroupTree = False

Super thanks JG