CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Visual Studio 2010

Hi,

This post is not related with a C++ issue, so I apologize if I should have ask my question here.
    But recently, one of my colleague and I have downloaded the trial version of Visual Studio 2010 and we are using it for developping C++ application. But we found out that the new visual studio is barely usable. It crashes several times per day, we lost the copy/paste functionalities and nothing work in the dialog editor (I mean I can create a dialog and place buttons but when I double click the button, no code is added in the dialog class, or if I try to use the property manager to add a WM_SIZE event or OnInitDialog function, it always fail).

Two different machines (one Vista and one 7) and both does not work. Visual studio 2008 is working like a charm. Should we go give up 2010? Or is there some patch available? Just want to share some experience here....

madric

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Visual Studio 2010

Quote Originally Posted by madric View Post
    ... we lost the copy/paste functionalities and nothing work in the dialog editor (I mean I can create a dialog and place buttons but when I double click the button, no code is added in the dialog class, or if I try to use the property manager to add a WM_SIZE event or OnInitDialog function, it always fail).
    Windows XP SP3, VS2010 Ultimate:
    1. Code is added in the dialog class after double click.
    2. Open the Class Wizard (Ctrl+Shift+X) and add what you want: member variables, message handlers, virtual methods, ...
    Last edited by VictorN; July 23rd, 2010 at 10:08 AM.
    Victor Nijegorodov

Lindley is offline Elite Member Power Poster

It's definitely a bit ropey compared to VS2005.

I don't experience any of the issues you describe with my VS2010 installation.
    Marc Gregoire - NuonSoft (http://www.nuonsoft.com)
    My Blog
    Wallpaper Cycler 3.5.0.97

Author of Professional C++, 4th Edition by Wiley/Wrox (includes C++17 features)
    ISBN: 978-1-119-42130-6
    [ http://www.facebook.com/professionalcpp ]