CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Unhappy Vista and Bluetooth

I can't see the bluetooth radio mark anymore in the control panel, or device manager.

I have tried to get to registry (HKLM\\...\\Svchost) and inserted "bthsvcs as alias and a multistring bthserv as data", restarted my computer only to then find that the radio was not there anymore.

What should I do next now to bring it back ?

Thank you

Re: Vista and Bluetooth

I'd try reinstalling the drivers first. After that, check to see if there are any uncategorized or unspecific devices found in the Device Manager.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

Thank you, I have installed Windows Mobile Device Center and the Bluetooth icon appears, but it doesn't activate, I turn on the bluetooth function in my phone and search for the computer but can't find it. The tiny bluetooth lamp below the monitor screen isn't on.

I remember I used to have a dual boot (+Fedora, I deleted this partition) and in Fedora once booted, I always saw this tiny bluetooth icon light on. Vista seems to have killed this softly and silently
    Last edited by Maejie; July 28th, 2010 at 07:03 PM.

Probably need a driver for the motherboard. Check the mfg's site (and try the XP version if necessary)

I'd still upgrade to Windows 7, which will find the device by default!
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

I have Win7 CD but it is only a trial version. Can you offer me a product key to activate it ? What is mfg ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maejie View Post
    I have Win7 CD but it is only a trial version. Can you offer me a product key to activate it ?
    No. That would be illegal software sharing. And happens to be a violation of this site's AUP

Quote Originally Posted by Maejie View Post
    What is mfg ?
    Manufacturer

Thank you,
    If you have two computer at home, and you install the same OS for both, why arent you violating the sharing issue ?
    You offer me the key, you do a good deed,
    You keep the software, next next year there will be win8 or winxsomething, what are you going to do with your current win7 DVD ? MS don't return you the money even when you send them back the disk. There is no reason or means for MS to check if some people are using the same key. The disk becomes useless while it should be useful. Mail me the key into imuaplease@gmail.com, I appreciate much your rocky acts

Why dont you buy it ?
    People don't give you because it is the DVD bought by their own money, not exactly about the issues of XYZzz etc. BUT, when "replying" to questions like yours, people need to say so, instead

I have 3 different versions of XPs (in English, Japanese, Korean), I can send you all 3 keys if you wish. I understand, this "way" lives lively among students. One buys-all share

Software licensing sometimes allows for sharing certain keys among household computers. So, it's still illegal for two reasons.

1. You are not in the same household.
    2. Windows only has multiple license installs if it's a volume license...which you would need to be connected to the corporation/agency/group owning that volume license.

Please do not persist in conversation violating this site's AUP. There are consequences for such actions. Consider this your warning. Other than that...feel free to roam the site.