Automatic Assignment
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Automatic Assignment

Automatic Assignment

Hi Gurus

I am trying to get an algorithm that does automatic assignment based on the following

1. An author uploads a document to a database. While uploading, he also indicates keywords that best describes that paper.

2. A reviewer gets assigned a certain number of the uploaded papers for subsequent reviewing and grading. When the reviewer registers, he also chooses from a set of 40 areas of speciality that he is most interested in.

3. The system uses the keywords of the papers and compares these with the interests selected by the reviewer and decides which paper(s) to assign to which reviewer(s).

4. After the assignment, each reviewer can view the specifically assigned papers.

Any ideas

Re: Automatic Assignment

Does this kind of program need any algorithm (other than simple steps to follow) ???
    Regards,
    Ramkrishna Pawar

No. It does not. It just queries tables in a database to get the reviewers, papers, reviewer interests and paper keywords.

I don't know what you're asking for help with?

Just start coding the different steps as you've described them. First do the upload functionality and take it from there.

Or are you asking for the code to do it?

I just want help with comparing the table contents to decide which papers match which reviewers. I have tried many things that have not worked.

Arjay is online now Moderator / MS MVP Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AlKowarizmi View Post
    I just want help with comparing the table contents to decide which papers match which reviewers. I have tried many things that have not worked.
    It would help us help you if you specified what you tried and why it didn't work.