Using VS2010 and VS2008

I have a DataGridView bound to a DataTable which has an Int16 DataColumn. The DGV has a DataGridViewComboBoxColumn tied to the DataColumn.

I enter integer values in the Items section of the DGVCBColumn properties. When I run the program I get "DataGridViewComboBoxCell value is not valid".

I assume this is because my Items are text and the data column is integer so I created a List of Integer, added my integer values/choices to the list and made the List my data source for the ComboBox column. Same error.

I then created another DT in the DS with one column type Int16, added my integer choices to the DT, created a BS for the ChoicesDT and set this BS as the DataSource, the column as the DisplayMember and the ValueMember. Same error.

There are no issues like this when the DataColumn is bound to a ComboBox outside of the DGV so I assume there is some issue with the DGV understanding the underlying binding.

I have read some solutions that include trapping and discarding the error but would like something cleaner if anyone has it.

thx