CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Include Path

Include Path

I am working to port a QT project with some win32 API to Linux , In linux I desided to to use wine
    please see .. http://www.winehq.com my problem is , the path to include files is " /wine/windows/windows.h " as you are aware windows.h serves as include file to other headers.

When I compile I get errors that data types and functions not found this is because in all header files include directive only has there names like in windows.h reference <winbase.h> and not

include <wine/windows/winbase.h>

please help me fix this problem

Re: Include Path

why u need to run the qt application with wine. Qt code normally works both in linux and windows.

Just try to replace the windows api calls with Qt calls. Else ask it in Qt forum.

Yes. Qt is totally 3rd party library. No need use windows.h there in Qt application.

this is not mu work I just took over the project , although mostly written in QT , the original programmers did a lot of call to kernel32.dll and user32.dll , I could do it all in QT however that will take time , managements , easy port to linux as well as OSX , I thought easy way forward would be to use libwine

Quote Originally Posted by aamir121a View Post
    I am working to port a QT project with some win32 API to Linux , In linux I desided to to use wine
    please see .. http://www.winehq.com my problem is , the path to include files is " /wine/windows/windows.h " as you are aware windows.h serves as include file to other headers.

When I compile I get errors that data types and functions not found this is because in all header files include directive only has there names like in windows.h reference <winbase.h> and not

include <wine/windows/winbase.h>

please help me fix this problem
    Just add '/wine/windows' to your include search path. IIRC, you can do this on the compiler command line using the -I switch.

Viggy