Hello,
I'm a beginning programmer and I'm trying to compile a simple program but I get the following error:

"Unable to start program 'C:\Users\mhollida\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\holaMundo\Debug\holaMundo.exe'.

The system cannot find the file specified."

I checked the file path in the error and there was no .exe file there. I did a search from the start menu to see if there was a program by that name anywhere and the search came up empty so I'm assuming that no .exe file was created. I'm not sure why it wouldn't create a .exe file since it said the program was compiled successfully.

I'm running a program that my professor successfully compiled and ran in class so I don't think it's a problem with the program itself. I'm not sure what information is relevant to solving this problem, so I'll recount exactly what I did:

1)I opened visual c++ and created an empty project (just like the professor).
2)I clicked on the "Source Files" folder on the Solution Navigator and created a new C++ class.
3)I pasted the program into the folder and pressed F7. It then said that the build succeeded.
4)When I pressed F5 (I also tried Debug--Start Debugging from the top menu) and I got the aforementioned error.

I'm not sure what to do at this point and I hope this is just some stupid beginner mistake that I'm making that someone can point out.

Thanks for any information you can give me.