CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

cannot run executable on remote drive

Hi, here's the situation:

I compiled a project using C++.Net (vs2005); I got an executable(.exe) under debug. The problem is that, when I copied this .exe file to a shared folder which points to a remote drive, it encountered a fatal error just saying that "encounter a problem and need to close"; while it can run without any problem anywhere on the local drive.

So I choose "debug" from the error message form, and it gives me this exception:
    "An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileLoadException' occurred in Unknown Module.
    Additional information: Could not load file or assembly 'small_test, Version=1.0.3903.26041, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)"

I googled this error, someone said it was because of the runtime security policy. But I don't have the administrator access so I cannot follow the step and check. What I am wondering is that, the other executable files that I download from somewhere and put into the shared folder can be run successfully, why this .exe that I built myself do not work? Is it really a problem of security policy? And how can I solve this problem? Maybe make some configuration to the project properties?

Thanks A LOT!

Re: cannot run executable on remote drive

ok, it's a problem of CAS. I borrowed the administrator access for a test and it turns out that I can do nothing with that unless I change the policy on the machine. maybe this link could help those who have the same problem.

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/040121.htm

I don't know why some executable that is downloaded to the shared folder can run without problem. Maybe the CAS classify it not to 'localIntranet' group, but to some other group which has the full trust.