CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

One dimesional array

I am wanting the program to ask the user to enter a number from 1-10. When the user enters the number 1, the program should update only the first price in the array. When the user enters the number 2, the program should update only the second price in the array and so on.

here is what i have so far(im am stuck at the cout statement on how to write the statement correctly to do the above instructions ^^^^)

#include <iostream>
    #include <iomanip>
    using namespace std;

int main()
    {
    cout << fixed << setprecision(2);

//declare array
    double prices[10] = {10.5, 25.5, 9.75, 6.0, 35.0, 100.4, 10.65, .56, 14.75, 4.78};

//declare variable
    double num = 0.0;

//get number
    cout<<" Enter a number (1-10): ";
    cin>>num;

return 0;
    } //end of main function

any suggestions on how to code that part?

Re: One dimesional array

Quote Originally Posted by ade161 View Post
    I am wanting the program to ask the user to enter a number from 1-10. When the user enters the number 1, the program should update only the first price in the array. When the user enters the number 2, the program should update only the second price in the array and so on.
    How do you access one element in the array?

Given that answer, how do you take the number inputted and change that element in the array?

Given that answer, how do you output that particular element in the array?

If you can't get past the first question, I suggest you study what an array is, how to access elements in the array, etc. since what is asked of you in the assignment can't be more elementary.

Regards,

Paul McKenzie