CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

can't open file(s)

sorry if this is in the wrong section >.< (couldn't fin a general VS forum)

anyways I downloaded a sample project from here: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/cpp/cpp_...cle.php/c9567/

and tried opening it with VS 2010, because the project was made in an older version of VS it asked to be updated, I said ok, it loaded fine and dandy, but when I tried to compile it, it won't work.

1>e:\documents and settings\nick black\desktop\c++\colortake\helpdialog.cpp(54): warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
    1> g:\program files\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\include\string.h(105) : see declaration of 'strcpy'
    1> ColorTakeDlg.cpp
    1> ColorTake.cpp
    1>e:\documents and settings\Nick black\desktop\c++\colortake\colortake.cpp(54): warning C4996: 'CWinApp::Enable3dControls': CWinApp::Enable3dControls is no longer needed. You should remove this call.
    1> g:\program files\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\atlmfc\include\afxwin.h(5344) : see declaration of 'CWinApp::Enable3dControls'
    1> Generating Code...
    1>CVTRES : fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:MANIFEST, name:1, language:0x0409
    1>LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt
    1>
    1>Build FAILED.

Re: can't open file(s)

Just try to open .sln, or .prj or some other project related file and change the VS version number/name in that file... just a hint..

Re: can't open file(s)

strcpy should be replaced with strcpy_s version.
    and open the resorce file and delele the MANIFEST.
    rebuild!

it should be ok.