CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Need help with multi-page report

Hello all,

This is my first post but I have frequented the forums for some time. The project I'm working on right now has me a little stumped and am looking for some input on how to get the report started.

I have a database with a user table [id, name] and 4 tables for different types of exams the users take. Each exam table (exam1, exam2, exam3, exam4) has fields [userid, date taken, score]. The report would print the user id, name and list the exam information for that user, but I would like each page to be a different user (such as an individual user assessment report).

I would just like some ideas on how I should set up the sections and grouping to acheive this. Thanks in advance for the input!

- D

Re: Need help with multi-page report

put the user table in the main report and create a group on the user_id.

You can show the exam details for that user in the detail section. Also you can create a sub report to show the exam details of each user but remember to pass the user it to the sub report and show the details for that user only.

On the group footer you can set the option new page after by this the next record will be shown on the next page.
    If this post is helpful, then, Rate this Post.