CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Build error with DEV-C++

hello,

i am pretty new to dev-c++, normally using visual studio. so i just wanted to create a simple hello word program, but getting this error:

C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\MyProjects\Makefile.win [Build Error] exe: *** [Objects/MingW/main.o] Error 1

Compilerlog says:

Compiler: Default GCC compiler
    Building Makefile: "C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\MyProjects\Makefile.win"
    Führt make... aus
    mingw32-make.exe -f "C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\MyProjects\Makefile.win" all
    g++.exe -c main.cpp -o Objects/MingW/main.o -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/msw" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/generic" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/fl" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/gizmos" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/html" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/mmedia" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/net" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/ogl" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/plot" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/protocol" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/stc" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/svg" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/xml" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/xrc" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx" -I"C:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common"

Das aktuelle Verzeichnis ist ungltig.(The actual directory is not valid)

mingw32-make.exe: *** [Objects/MingW/main.o] Error 1

Ausführung beendet (terminated execution)

Somebody got an idea?

best regards

max

Re: Build error with DEV-C++

Maybe, you have already solved your problem by now.

It seems it is only a problem of selecting the right type of project in the begining (for Windows or for Dos (console), etc.). Or you might have copied the files of another project, without changing the directories in the files. I would recommend to recreate a project, rather than to try to copy a project.

I wonder why you have so many include directories that appear to be related to wxWidgets for a simple hello world program.

Perhaps by 'simple hello world program' you mean a 'simple hello world program using wxWidgets'? In that case you want to ask your question here.

If on the other hand, you never intended for those wx includes to be there, i.e. Dev-C++ put them there for you, I have to wonder where you got Dev-C++ from? Is it an existing installation that someone used previously? Or perhaps you installed wxDev-C++? Try again using a clean installation from http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html
    Old Unix programmers never die, they just mv to /dev/null

Hi, i'm getting the same error. I tried to recreate project, reinstall dev-c++ and when that wasn't working i tried wxdev-c++ still with no luck. Now ima downloading MSVC++ express edition but just for writing and testing code.. I afraid of what i'm gonna do for compiling final project!

Thanks for anyone's help.

Hm.. it seems to be something wrong with the compile command in the makefile which is too long. I added everything into one file and it's ok only with dev-c++, wx's version still fails:
    this is my compile log:

Compiler: Default GCC compiler
    Building Makefile: "H:\xxx\Makefile.win"
    Executing make...
    mingw32-make.exe -f "H:\xxx\Makefile.win" all
    g++.exe -c main.cpp -o "Default Profile/main.o" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/msw" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/generic" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/fl" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/gizmos" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/html" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/mmedia" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/net" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/ogl" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/plot" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/protocol" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/stc" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/svg" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/xml" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx/xrc" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common/wx" -I"D:/Program Files/Dev-Cpp/include/common"

mingw32-make.exe: *** [Default Profile/main.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

Once again - does your program use wxWidgets or not?

If yes, please ask your question on the wxWidgets forums. Getting a wxWidgets program to compile and link with any IDE can be a tricky task, and the people of the wxWidgets forums will be able to provide you with more help.

If not, there is no reason to use wxDev-C++. Get a clean install of Dev-C++ from http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html, create a new project (don't reuse an existing project file that gave you problems before), add all your source files to your project, and try compiling again. If you get compile/link errors, post them here. Be sure to mention what kind of project (Win32, console, etc.) you're using and what libraries, if any, it requires.

You can also try Code::Blocks as an alternative free C++ IDE, also relatively simple to use.
    Old Unix programmers never die, they just mv to /dev/null

I have done this successfully. You can try following:

http://www.anuragpatil.com/wordpress/?p=161

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by anuragpatil View Post
    I have done this successfully. You can try following:

http://www.anuragpatil.com/wordpress/?p=161

Hope this helps.
    Please refer this as the article above is now moved to:

http://anuragpatil.wordpress.com/200...ain-o-error-1/

Best luck.

Old Thread
    Is your question related to IO?
    Read this C++ FAQ article at parashift by Marshall Cline. In particular points 1-6.
    It will explain how to correctly deal with IO, how to validate input, and why you shouldn't count on "while(!in.eof())". And it always makes for excellent reading.