CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Menu font size

Menu font size

I have just upgraded to Visual Studio 2010, and I've noticed in recompiling my app, the menu size has changed.

I have rebuilt the MDITabsDemo sample application, and it happens there too. In the VS2010 resource builder, the menu looks normal, the same font as the Visual Studio 2010 IDE menus, and the same size as all my other apps (inlcuding my app built in VS2005).

However, when I run my app, or the MDITabsDemo app, they run with smaller font for the menu.

This is using the new MFC classes, but my app was previously built with BCGCBPro (which the new MFC is based on), and I've not seen this problem before.

Here's the font that VS2010 resource builder shows before building...

and here's what it looks like after building...

Just strange, because it's not standard, and my VS2010 compiled apps are not matching anything else, including not matching VS2010. (I've tried all the themes that come in the new MFC, and they all show the same result as far as font/size goes)

Any ideas?

Re: Menu font size

Quote Originally Posted by surfdabbler View Post
    Just strange, because it's not standard, [...]
    How the "standard" should look like?
    Ovidiu
    "When in Rome, do as Romans do."
    My latest articles: https://codexpertro.wordpress.com/

"Standard" means all the same. The way it looks in preview would be the way it looks in the final app. It would also be nice if it was the same as previous compilers, and the same as visual studio itself, and the same as all other applications running on my computer. That would be "standard".

Anyone know how to control the menu fonts, or is this beyond programmer control?

Quote Originally Posted by surfdabbler View Post
    "Standard" means all the same. The way it looks in preview would be the way it looks in the final app. It would also be nice if it was the same as previous compilers, and the same as visual studio itself, and the same as all other applications running on my computer. That would be "standard".
    Well then, make a request to ISO.
    Last edited by ovidiucucu; October 19th, 2010 at 02:11 AM.
    Ovidiu

OK, thanks for your lack of help. Anyone else know why this font behaviour has changed, and how to control it in my application?

That makes no sense as long as any user can change it anytime.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ovidiu

OK, so back to original question. Why is my app is not following this font setting? It also happens in the MFC sample application. As you can see from my screenshot, they are not following the 'standard' windows setting. Close, yes, but not the same.