CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

MP Server Library

Alright guys, I'm new here and this is my first thread, so I first of all I'll start by introducing myself (you may skip this if you want to):
    I'm 15 years old, started to look into coding at the age of 12 and since then I never stopped to learn as much as I can about coding. I started with VB .NET and worked with it for about 1 year and a half, then I moved on to C# with a little project called "TeamWork", which was pretty much an "addon" for a software that I've developed before (on VB .NET btw). TeamWork were able to connect multiple coders with each others so they can work on their projects together in real-time, by submitting code modifications for each file or by chatting. TeamWork at the time where I started off with Sockets was a huge project for me and I thought that it was almost impossible for me to achieve it, but as time went by I learned a lot of things and I made it, TeamWork was ready. However it was pretty buggy and slow (didn't bother to release new updates since it wasn't that popular). After TeamWork I started to really love sockets, so I went ahead and started to explore new ways of working with them, I learned how to pack a class so I could send/receive a bigger amount of data without bothering so much to analyze them. Now I'm here and I wanted to share with you guys a little project that IMO has a lot of potentials.

Back on topic: Sometimes ago I started to work on a project similar to "Photon"; a MP-Server Library. I reached a certain point on the development but never bothered to test what I've done so far. So I just wanted to release the source code and why not get some help from everybody else here who is interested.

The library's name is "XLS" (XNA Live Service) and I've planned to implement the following things:
    1. Matchmaking
    2. Theatre Mode (just like that on Black Ops)
    3. Automatic Database Design (Used to meet the needs of a developer to implement a database on his server)
    4. Different Types Of Networking Sessions

Any code updates are welcome, and please post here a link (pastebin would be better) to reach the new code file.
    Attached Files Attached Files