CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Hiearchy Issues

Hybrid View

Hiearchy Issues

Im in a class currently working on a project. The assignment is to design a game using wpf only, not XAML or XNA or any other useful, probably more suitable language to work with. Most of the refrences I can find all use XAML understandably. However being limited I am having some issues, and not finding any help.

I threw a rar file on my web server that contains all the code, images used, and solution for visual studios 2010. I don't think there should be any reverse compatibility issues from vs08.

http://thejustme.isa-geek.net/files/GameProject.rar

My code is generating the error "Element already has a logical parent. It must be detached from the old parent before it is attached to a new one."

basically I am using an array in a class to store a bunch of png images. In the main window I created a stack with a uniform grid child. In each of the uniform grid spots I am adding a list box. This part works just fine. Then I add a tile to the list box and it throws that error. I have a vague idea that there is an issue with the image belonging to the array in the sprite class, and some how I am unable to get anything but a reference returned to add to the list box and there for it won't assign 2 parents to the same object.

At least that's my assumption. Any help or nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. The other question I am wondering about is, is there a more efficient way to build a 2d tile map from png tiles other than the uniform grid?

thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Files Attached Files