Software Appliation Architect - FT position in Princeton, NJ
Human Capital Consultants is a strategic professional services consulting organization serving industry leading, entrepreneurial, and near start-up organizations across the United States. Human Capital Consultants offers proven, customizable and metrics driven solutions for our clients’ Recruitment, Human Capital Management, and Human Resource Consulting needs. Human Capital Consultants has the experience and bandwidth to provide clients a wide array of resources from a single Recruitment or HR Resource to an entire team dedicated to single or multi-location needs, including Strategic Engagement Planning and Management. For more information visit our web site www.humancapitalconsultants.com.
Application Architect – Princeton, NJ
Our client reshapes the way the world receives and uses business information and advances business intelligence and cultural interest.
The successful candidate will be a senior information technology specialist in open systems development. This person will be joining an excellent development team and will have the responsibility to extend a set of existing applications and to build a set of new tools and interfaces.
· Very Strong background in Linux/Solaris including command line scripting.
· 3+ years experience with PERL.
· 3+ years experience with Oracle and MySQL including an understanding of building efficient SQL.
· 5+ years experience with Object Oriented Programming theory and practices, Java, J2EE including Architecture with Java, JSP, and Struts.
· Expertise with XML, DOM, XSLT, XSD and DTD.
· Experience in test driven development processes and Agile development.
· Experience generating automated unit testing using tools like JUnit and/or HttpUnit.
· Experience building SOA solutions.
· Ability to translate business needs into business and technical requirements, architecture and design specifications as well as develop the associated application code and documentation.
· A deep understanding of best-practice architecture disciplines, modeling, processes and concepts.
· Ability to act as a resource for other developers including having in-depth knowledge of all parts of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
· Ability to integrate disparate system and implement well defined interfaces.
· Understanding of project management concepts and the ability to manage small to medium projects with little assistance.
· The ideal candidate possesses end-to-end knowledge of content management systems.
· Strong communication, organizational, problem solving and team leadership skills are required.
· Education: Bachelor's in Computer Science or Engineering.