CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Best Programming Language for web based application?

Alright everyone

Sorry if this is a stupid question like but I'm in the middle of a planning process as part of a group that we are going to create a application. The application will be to help other people with any problems there having on computer whether it be with any programs/software or a technical issue.

The aim of the application will be so that the people with a problem will be able to have an interactive chat with people who can help it and hopefully we can see their desktop/problem without controlling their computer.

I know it's probably sounding odd but I was wondering what would be the best programming language to use for that and which ones are a complete no-no.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Best Programming Language for web based application?

Pick the one that you (collectively) know best!
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Re: Best Programming Language for web based application?

For interactive chat, you are going to need both server-side and client-side code, unless you use Java or Flash.

Remember to look into already built frameworks for your code implementations as well. It will only take longer if you try to code each portion from scratch.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.