CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Red face How to write a nested hashtable into an arraylist?

I got a Hashtable into an arraylist...but this was a simple key:value hashtable...My problem arises when the hashtable is nested and...thus i get only the first node...
    In the second node the hashtable is nested...so in the output I get System.Collection.Hashtable but not all the keys and values inside the nested hashtables....

I assume there has to be a recursive function which traverses through the hashtable...I need the syntax to this recursive function...

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: How to write a nested hashtable into an arraylist?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin.Rodrigues View Post
    I assume there has to be a recursive function which traverses through the hashtable...I need the syntax to this recursive function...
    You can see what methods hashtable supports by looking at its documentation in msdn.

Hashtable Class

Re: How to write a nested hashtable into an arraylist?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin.Rodrigues View Post
    I'm afraid the recursion part you'll have to write yourself. but you know how recursion works? you know the word so you must know what it means, don't you?
    win7 x86, VS 2008 & 2010, C++/CLI, C#, .NET 3.5 & 4.0, VB.NET, VBA... WPF is comming

remeber to give feedback you think my response deserves recognition? perhaps you may want to click the Rate this post link/button and add to my reputation

private lessons are not an option so please don't ask for help in private, I won't replay

if you use Opera and you'd like to have the tab-button functionality for the texteditor take a look at my Opera Tab-UserScirpt; and if you know how to stop firefox from jumping to the next control when you hit tab let me know