CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Easy way to decompile EXE to C-Sharp and then compile

How can I easyly decompile EXE to C-Sharp (or other langage) and then compile it without errors ?

I tried using some free tools to decompile EXE (or DLL) and indeed get the source codes, however, many variables were anonymous and compiling gave lots of errors I cant fix. Is there a way to decompile EXE and something that fix the source code automatically and allow me to compile it straight a way without a hassel ?

Re: Easy way to decompile EXE to C-Sharp and then compile

Why would you want to "decompile" a program, just to turn around and recompile it. Sorry, but that makes no sense.

As for an answer to your question, I doubt it very much. It's a miracle you can decompile at all and get something that remotely looks like real code.

You could, however, easily disassemble it, and then assemble it again. Why you'd want to do that though...

I want to decompile, change something and then compile. I didn't mean obviously decompile and compile exactly the same code. What are the tools and options doing it without spending days fixing the decompile source code to be able to compiled again ?

Priceless. You/me/us can't easily even SEE code, and their are means to protect it against conventional means.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Have you looked at .net reflector?
    Sandeep
    http://www.sandeeprawat.com
    Code:
    Forget the language. Remember the logic.

Quote Originally Posted by rleitman View Post
    I want to decompile, change something and then compile. I didn't mean obviously decompile and compile exactly the same code. What are the tools and options doing it without spending days fixing the decompile source code to be able to compiled again ?
    Whats the sense behind? Most programs forbid decompiling by copyright laws and to do so normally is treated as fraud and is not covered by any reason to do so.
    Jonny Poet

To be Alive is depending on the willingsness to help others and also to permit others to help you. So lets be alive. !
    Using Code Tags makes the difference: Code is easier to read, so its easier to help. Do it like this: [CODE] Put Your Code here [/code]
    If anyone felt he has got help, show it in rating the post.
    Also dont forget to set a post which is fully answered to 'resolved'. For more details look to FAQ's about Forum Usage. BTW I'm using Framework 3.5 and you ?
    My latest articles :
    Creating a Dockable Panel-Controlmanager Using C#, Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7

So, you do not have the source code? If you are trying to hack another's program, then thats against copyright laws and possibly you cant get legal help here. .NET reflector will let you see the logic but I doubt the entire code. You need to have the source code to change it !!!!